Last year Lovella and I attended a conference in Phoenix. My cousin Angie came and picked us up one afternoon and we went to her place and had a very special visit over lunch. She made us a simple but most tasty toasted sandwich. The combination of flavours was wonderful. I've changed things up a bit by using raisin bread and cheddar cheese. She used a sourdough bread and Havarti cheese. The fig and orange spread makes it! If you can't find Fig and Orange spread, try using fig jam and apricot jam mixed together....it's a wonderful combination.
- raisin bread, or choose your favourite
- Fig and Orange spread (found in the jam section)
- cheddar cheese, or choose your favourite
- crisp apple
- Toast bread in toaster.
- Spread both slices of each sandwich with Fig and Orange spread.
- Top one side of sandwich with a slice of apple and then lay cheese over apple.
- Grill the one side topped with the apple and cheese just until the cheese bubbles. (This works well in a toaster oven too)
- Place the other side of the sandwich with spread over top. Serve while hot.