This loaf keeps really well for several day and is perfect loaf to serve with a cup of tea...
or to serve along side Mandarin oranges on Christmas morning gift opening.
Bake it ahead, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several days.
The fresh cranberries add a touch of tart to this moist loaf.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice ( about 1 large naval orange)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 8 X 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and add cranberries. Stir until combined.
- Scrape into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.