This is a simple and easy candy treat to make for Christmas. The sweet and salty taste is delicious! It's great to pack in tins or in little cellophane packages for that special someone on your list. I have to admit that it is a little addictive, you keep reaching for more!
- 38 salted soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped..I used a mixture of pecans and almonds
- Line a cookie sheet, 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 (with edges) with foil.
- Place crackers in the pan.
- In a medium size saucepan on medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and quickly pour over the crackers, spreading with a knife to cover all the crackers.
- Bake in 400º oven for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate and peanut butter chips over the caramel covered crackers, wait a few minutes to allow chips to start to melt. Using a knife spread the mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool till chocolate hardens then break into desired pieces.