- 3 lb pork loin or rib roast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 apples, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup prunes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 - 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small pot, melt butter, add apples and cook about 5 min., stirring until lightly browned.
- Add apricots, prunes and juice, and continue cooking until fruit is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Season with half the thyme, salt and pepper. Cool.
- Cut a pocket into side of roast. (see photo below)
- Fill pocket and tie up with kitchen twine.
- Season roast with salt pepper, thyme and cinnamon.
- Spray roasting pot with oil and bake roast at 350° F (uncovered) for 30 min. Cover and bake another 60 – 75 minutes, until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160 F (71 C) remove from oven onto plate, cover and let sit for 20 min. before serving.