Some cookies are just a sweet reminder of days gone by, and I have fond memories of these soft and delicately sweet cookies. Do you remember these when you were growing up?
- 2 cups sour cream, or whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder (yes that is the correct amount)
- Mix margarine sugar beating well
- add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- mix in the vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together
- add into the egg mixture stir alternately with the sour cream.
- This dough is soft and should be in the fridge over night, so it can be rolled out easily the next day. When you roll out the dough, flour the counter and over the dough liberally because the dough is a bit sticky.
- Roll out dough on floured surface just over a 1/4" in thickness, into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes watching carefully not to brown. They taste best looking whitish.
2 cups icing sugar mixed with cream til it is a thick but spreadable constancy.
Add a few drops of food coloring if desired.