I bake a lot of muffins and these did not disappoint! I have baked them a number of times and each time I exclaim "oh my they are so delicious". They don't round up like a regular muffin, staying rather flat but don't let that stop you, they are worth making!
I have three sizes of muffin tins, mini, semi-mini, and large. I used the semi-mini size and ended up with one dozen. If you want more just double or triple the recipe. They freeze well.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, a pinch will do
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped..set aside 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and blend just till moistened.
- Generously spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Take the 1/4 cup chopped pecans that were set aside and sprinkle them evenly into the muffin pan.
- Spoon batter over the pecans.
- Bake in a 425º oven for 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check after 10 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack and remove from pan. To remove the muffins you might need to run a knife around the edges.