Smoothies of all kinds are popular these days. I ordered a Green Smoothie from a restaurant that I really enjoyed, came home and tested a few ingredient combinations until I was happy with the taste.
It received a blog worthy pass in my test kitchen. Try it! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how refreshing this healthy drink tastes.
Ingredients: (yields 2 cups)
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 large pear, peeled and cored
- 1 very large handful fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 2/3 cup orange juice, unsweetened
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 ice cubes, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.