Since we had Salmon on our vacation to BC in early May I have been craving it! It is so expensive in the prairies so when I find some on sale I stock up. We all really enjoy Salmon and this time I tried it this way.
- 1 pound Salmon, thawed*
- 1/3 cup or less of reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper or add to your personal taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup or a bit more of fresh coarsely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place fish skin side down on lightly sprayed pan.
- Combine mayo, dill, lemon pepper, lemon juice.
- Spread onto fish.
- Top with the Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes until the fish flakes easily and top gets a nice brown crust. You can put it under the broiler for a minute or two to brown more if the fish is already done, watch carefully. You don't want to over cook the salmon it just dries it out.
- I served it with Fried Rice.
*Tip, truth be told, I didn't plan this very well, and had not taken the Salmon out of the freezer to thaw. I did this from a frozen state and baked it for 25 minutes and it was done perfectly. In half an hour from the time I realized that I had nothing planned for dinner til it was on the table...voila, dinner is served.