My mom called these "Unbaked Cookies" and I'm sure most of you have
a similar recipe tucked away somewhere.
For those who've lost theirs or are interested in a slightly different version, here is mine.
They are easy to make so enlist the help of the little ones.
As you can see, they are a hit with my grandchildren.
- Cover a large baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix oatmeal and coconut in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugar and cocoa together in medium sized saucepan.
- Add milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- When mixture has boiled, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour over oatmeal and coconut and mix well .
- Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls on to prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm and then place in cookie tins.
- Keep in a cool place. Makes about 2 -2 1/2 doz. cookies.