Cookies are always a good lunch box or afternoon coffee break treat. The grated chocolate bar and ground rolled oats in these cookies make them slightly different than regular chocolate chip cookies. The peanut butter is really good in these cookies, but can easily be replaced with soy butter or by replacing the 1/3 cup peanut butter with another 1/3 cup butter.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (see description above for substitutes)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups rolled oats, ground in blender
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 regular size grated milk or dark chocolate bar, I used a Hershey bar
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars and eggs. Grind oats and add along with flour, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Grate in chocolate bar and mix until just incorporated.
- Drop onto lightly greased or parchment lines cookie sheets. Bake at 350º for 12 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack immediately.