The orange and cranberry add a fresh twist
to this variation of Butter Tart Bars.
- · 2 cups flour
- · 1 cup butter
- · 1 cup granulated sugar
- · 1-2 cups Dried cranberries, slightly chopped
- · 4 eggs
- · 2 cups brown sugar
- · ¼ cup flour
- · 1 teaspoon baking powder
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla
- · 1/8 teaspoon salt
- · zest from one orange
- · ¾- 1 cup whole, unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- For the base, cut butter into flour and sugar until crumbly.
- Press into 15 x10 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350º.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped cranberries over crust.
- For Topping, place all ingredients except almonds in a bowl.
- Beat with a spoon until well blended.
- Pour over base and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350º.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut while still warm with a knife or bench scraper dipped in hot water.
These bars freeze very well.