What should I make with these leftovers?
I'm sure we all have some in the refrigerator that were not eaten during Christmas.
Soups, casseroles and sandwiches are all good choices for using them up.
A tortilla shell filled with turkey, chopped up veggies, and cheese makes a quick and satisfying lunch.
Treat your taste buds to a bit of savoury and sweet by topping this quesadilla with cranberry sauce.
Ingredients: feeds 2-3
- 4 tortilla shells
- 2 cups chopped left over turkey
- 2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp diced chilies
- 4 tbsp your favourite salsa
- red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, chopped fine to make a total of 1 cup
- Chop up meat and veggies. Grate cheese.
- Lightly spread one side of 2 of the tortilla shells with butter. Lay butter side down on grill.
- Top each tortilla with cheese, saving half the cheese.
- Stir together the salsa, chilies, meat and veggies. Divide between the two tortillas over the cheese.
- Top each with the remaining cheese.
- Butter one side of the two remaining shells and place butter side up on top of the mixture.
- Turn grill to medium heat. Grilling a little bit lower will ensure the ingredients inside the quesadilla get really hot while browning the outside evenly to a nice crispy exterior.
- To serve top with cranberry sauce for a sweet finish, or sour cream and salsa for a bit more spice.