- 3 chicken breasts (halves)
- oil for browning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, finely sliced
- salt and pepper to taste*
- 4 - 6 Tbsp light soy sauce (less if using regular)
- 1 (397g) bag steam fried or instant noodles
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces and cook on medium to high heat, in a small amount of oil, in a large frying pan. Using salt and pepper shakers, sprinkle lightly to season.
- When chicken looks white on all sides, this should not take long, add onion, stirring until tender and then add cabbage. Salt cabbage lightly using salt shaker. Add more oil if it begins to stick to pan and keep stirring and cooking until chicken is partly browned and vegetables and juices caramelize to a golden color.
- Meanwhile cook noodles according to directions on package, until just done, then drain and rinse.
- Add ¾ cup water to meat, top with cooked noodles, do not stir, cover and allow to cook on low heat just to steam noodles.
- When noodles have heated through, add soy sauce according to taste and toss. Serves 6 - 8