Here's a quick vegetable idea I got from my sister's daughter in law Ingrid.
Summer Savoury is the secret to the wonderful flavour of this simple side dish.
Adjust the amounts of vegetables to number of guests you are serving.
One thing to remember when cooking any vegetables is to not over cook them.
- carrots, cut into sticks
- fresh green beans
- 1-2 sprigs fresh or dried Summer Savoury
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut carrots into sticks and place in a pot with water and 1/2 tsp salt
- Place fresh green beans in another pot along with the Summer Savoury. Add water to cover about 1/2 the beans.
- Bring both pots to a boil. Carrots are good boiled till done, but you want to steam the beans until they are fork tender. You do not want either of the veggies over cooked and mushy.
- While the veggies are cooking in a small fry pan saute onions in the butter.
- Drain veggies well and remove Summer Savoury. Toss veggies together with the sauteed onions. Serve immediately.