This is an idea for that "ten dollar gift for the gift game" or perfect to bring along if you will be an overnight guest during Christmas holidays.
I found these Batter Dispensers at our local Hom*Sens* store.
At under ten dollars it gave me a bit of wiggle room to become a bit creative.
I mixed up some of my homemade buttermilk pancake mix .. .
put enough for two breakfasts in a ziploc bag and included the recipe.
Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 8 cups of flour (use part whole wheat if you like)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking Soda
- 8 teasoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup of Dry Buttermilk Powder (readily available online if you can't find it in Canada)
- Mix all together and store in a sealed bag or container in a cool place.
- 1 1/2 cup dry Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil (I am currently using grape seed oil which is wonderful)
- 1 cup of water
- Measure the dry Buttermilk Pancake Mix into a 4 cup measuring cup with a spout.
- Add the egg, oil and about 3/4 cup of water. Add enough water to make the right consistency.
- Pour into your batter dispenser and create your pancake masterpieces in a greased skillet over medium heat.