Brie in Puffed Pastry
This is a very simple dish to serve as an appetizer or dessert.
- 1 whole Brie ( I used a 19.6 oz. round)
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2- 1 cup chopped toasted nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/2- 1 cup jam/preserves of your choice (I used a chipotle raspberry)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp. water.
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
- Bread or crackers to serve with the Brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll thawed sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to approximately 12-14 inches square. Spread chopped nuts in circle in center of pastry.
- Top the nuts with the jam/preserves.
- Place brie circle centered on the jam.
- At this stage you can use some of the pastry to cut out a decoration for the top.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry to cover the brie completely.
- Flip the Brie wrapped in pastry over.
- Add decoration if you like.
- Place the Brie on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg mixture.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.