This is a delicious Pie that can be served for brunch or supper. The colorful layers let you see all the goodness that goes into this pie. Serve with a fresh Fruit or green Salad.
- enough pie crust for a two crust pie, homemade or store bought
- 6 slices of your favorite deli ham, sliced thinly, or 2 cups of diced ham
- 2 cups of low fat cheese, you can use whatever cheese you have on hand, try Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, what ever you prefer
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup each of a red and green pepper for color
- 4 cups of fresh spinach*
- 4 eggs well beaten
- Start with a unbaked pie shell and layer in the ham and cheese
- Saute the onion, garlic and peppers til softened
- Add the fresh spinach and cook long enough until the spinach wilts down, this only takes a few minutes.
- Layer that onion and spinach mixture on the ham and cheese
- Pour over 4 beaten eggs
- Top with the second layer of pastry and brush the top with a bit of reserved egg to give it a deep color when baked.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
*note- you can use frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry