- 1 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup juice (juice of 1 orange)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2-8 oz. (250 gram) pkgs.cream cheese, softened
- Combine sugar, orange juice and water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries, jalapenos, orange zest, ginger and cilantro.
- Return to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 8 minutes or until cranberries burst.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill until ready to serve.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on serving platter...and top with cranberry salsa.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a platter of crackers.
Cranberry salsa can be prepared well ahead and stored in the fridge.