Friday is often soup day around here and I like serving different breads along with the soup. This dill and cheese bread is a nice change, if you like the flavor of dill. If you do not have a blender, don't worry. I don't think I would use a blender next time, I like to see the cheese and onions in my buns.
In a blender combine the following:
- 1/2 cup of very warm water
- 1 cup of creamed cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dill (I used 1 tbsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup of wheat or oat bran
- 1 tablespoon quick rise yeast
- Stir the dry ingredients until mixed through
- Pour the blender ingredients over the dry ingredients
- Knead for a few minutes adding a bit of flour at a time so the dough is not to sticky, about 1/4 cup in total is what I needed.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and let rise til double.
- Make into buns or place it all into a greased casserole dish for a loaf of bread.
- Again let rise until double, about an hour.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes for the loaf and 18-20 minutes for the buns.