- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (like Oreo)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 L / 8 cups coffee ice-cream, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate pieces or shavings for garnish
- toasted or caramelized almonds
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of a 9" spring form pan.
- Spoon ice-cream onto crust (or cut into slices to fit). Level with spatula. Freeze.
- For chocolate sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat and stir over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and cool until lukewarm, then spread over ice-cream layer. Return to freezer.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- To serve, top each slice with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and sliced almonds.
Note: In our area Safeway stores carry wonderful coffee ice-cream with the Lucerne label.