My girlfriend gave me this recipe years ago and I had it posted on my personal blog and now was asked by another friend where that recipe was and so I'm posting it here . .
so we all know where it is.
It is naturally Gluten free and smooth and easy to make for your Mother's Day dessert.
- 3 cups whole pecans
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Put the pecans and sugar into a food processor and pulse until the pecans are ground into crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse several times to combine.
- Pour the crumbs into a large spring form pan or more preferably a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Press the crumbs to the sides up 1/2 inch and on the bottom.
- Put the pan on a cookie sheet and Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- 3/4 pound good quality chocolate chopped
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Put the chopped chocolate and the cream into a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on low and stir every minute until it is melted.
- Stir until silky smooth.
- Add a bit of warm chocolate to a beaten egg yolk in a small bowl ..add a little more until you have a total of 1 cup of warm chocolate and egg. Add this back to the full amount of chocolate and continue to stir on low heat on low heat for about one minute until it takes on a slightly custardy consistency.
- Pour into the crust and refrigerate.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a small saucepan heat over medium heat the butter and the sugar, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir until it turns a caramel color.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream. Keep stirring until it is nice and smooth. If it doesn't turn smooth, put it back on the heat but only just to warm it again. .keep stirring.
- Let cool and serve over the ganache torte.