This is a good cookie jar and lunch box cookie. It also works well for a gift giving idea. Using a clear glass container or jar, layer the dry ingredients along with the craisins and chocolate chips. Tie the recipe onto the jar with a ribbon and you have a sweet little gift ready to deliver to a friend. All they have to supply is the butter, eggs and vanilla, then add the jar of ingredients and bake themselves fresh cookies.
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Using 2 spoons place medium size mound onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12. Allow to rest on pan for 1 minute and then remove to cooling racks.
Yields approximately 2 dozen cookies. This recipe can easily be doubled. Cookies freeze well.