Here's a simple way to add extra flavour to mashed potatoes.
They are a perfect accompaniment for meat loaf or roast beef.
- 5-6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Boil potatoes together with garlic cloves, in salted water until fork tender. Drain.
- Heat butter and milk until butter is melted.
- Pour hot milk mixture over potatoes. Add parsley cream cheese and sour cream. Mash well. Serve immediately.