This is a great healthy version of chili.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white meat ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- 1 can 15 ounce kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can 15 ounce black beans (drained)
- 2 zucchini chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 yellow squash chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, cumin, and dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Add onion and celery and saute till onion is translucent.
- Add turkey and season with salt and pepper and cook through.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the temperature to a simmer.
- Simmer till the vegetables are cooked through.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with corn bread.