I have made this recipe many times and usually put a chocolate icing on top. I was intrigued by this different topping so decided to try it. This recipe is found in 'Cooking with Grace' cookbook.
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup hot water
3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Mix cocoa in hot water, stir in butter and allow to cool
2. Whisk together dry ingredients, stir in cocoa mixture and eggs
3. Beat in buttermilk, vanilla and nuts
4. Spread in large cookie sheet.. approx 13x17"
5. Bake for 20 min at 375º
454 g bag of miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups rice krispies
1. When cake is done spread the marshmallows over the top and put cake back in the oven till the marshmallows melt. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave for 1 min, stir in rice krispies and spread over cooled cake. Chill in fridge to set the topping.
3. This cake freezes well.