This is a very quick and easy appetizer. If you have the ingredients on hand it only takes a few minutes to put together and it is delicious.
- 1 8 ounce (250 grams)package cream cheese, at room temperature
- a small jar of prepared pesto
- oil packed, sun-dried tomatoes,
- pine nuts, lightly toasted and salted if desired
- Beat cream cheese until light and smooth and spread on a small platter or dinner plate.
- Spoon prepared pesto over cream cheese, leaving a bit of the cream cheese showing around the edge.
- Arrange the sun dried tomatoes evenly over the pesto layer. If they are large, cut them into smaller pieces first.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and refrigerate for an hour or so to blend the flavours.
- Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.