It holds special memories for me...as I went into labor that evening way back in 1982. We had the most delicious appetizer made by Jurgen, the local European chef and he shared this recipe with me which is perfect for a cold winter night. Sometimes this has become our main meal, by just adding a loaf of fresh bread.
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces deveined prawns
- 1/4 cup wine or apple juice
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil and add chopped celery, carrots, garlic, and onions.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes
- Add prawns to pan with wine and tomato liquids
- When prawns turn pink, you know they have been cooked long enough.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover at low heat again for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into serving dishes and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Broil in the oven until lightly browned. Serves 4.