Happy Valentines Day
The creamy layers in this dessert sit on top of a chocolate crumb crust. Whipped cream, paper thin chocolate chard's and a fresh strawberry add a special finishing touch.
- 3/4 cup chocolate crumbs
- 1/4 cup graham crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Stir together crumbs. Add melted butter.
- Press mixture into a 10" spring form pan.
- Bake in 350º oven for 7 minutes. Cool.
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipped cream, or cool whip
- Beat cream cheese till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Fold in whipped cream or cool whip.
- Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Place in refrigerator.
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 1 large box chocolate pudding and and pie filling (box calls for 3 cups milk)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- Cook pudding according to directions on box.
- Cover with wax paper and cool until luke warm. (the wax paper keeps the pudding from forming a 'crust' on top.
- Beat cream cheese into luke warm pudding until well blended.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Whipping Cream: ( I like to only put this layer on no more than 1 hour before serving so the cream is really fresh tasting)
- 2 cups whip cream
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp instant vanilla pudding (this stabilizes the cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients into a cold bowl.
- Beat until cream is whipped and soft peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over chocolate layer.
Optional: Fill a piping bag with extra whipped cream to decorate the top. Decorate with chocolate and strawberries.