The picture quality is very poor but the the lip smacking sauce is awesome! I didn't have enough ribs at home so I added a few pork chops to make it stretch.
Serve it with Lemon Basil Carrots and rice and you have a great meal.
- 3 lbs of back ribs or a combination of ribs and chops
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Cover the ribs in a large pot with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain the ribs and place in a large roasting pan.
- Sauté the onions in the butter or margarine until softened. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the boiled ribs, bake in a 300 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- If you are adding pork chops to the ribs or making only pork chops. Brown the chops first and bake them for 45 minutes -1 hour at 350 for bone in chops, 30 minutes for boneless chops.