Last Monday I posted this and I had to chuckle at the comments to my statement about looking for something to go with your Monday morning coffee. Well, here it is. These jumbo oatmeal type cookies are sure to please on this Monday morning. Step the raisin goodness up a notch by using chocolate covered raisins. If you are a nut lover, add nuts of your choice. I happened to have a bag of seeds and dried cranberry mix in the cupboard that I used instead of nuts, and they added a great flavour and texture.
Yields: 12 large cookies. Freeze well.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate covered raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts or seeds, or a combination of both
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts/seeds. Stir to combine.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop mounds of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until the outside of the cookie is looking baked and have a nice colour but the middle is still barely soft to the touch. Remove from pans immediately after baking.