Today is Thanksgiving in the U.S.A. After the turkey is stuffed and in the oven this would be a nice breakfast to enjoy. This is a tasty way to serve french toast with sausages rolled up in each slice.
- 8 breakfast sausage links, fully cooked
- 8 slices of white bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut off the crusts from 8 slices of white bread.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Roll up each sausage link in a slice of bread.
- Dip the roll in the egg mixture.
- Fry beginning with seam side down in a greased skillet turning until the roll is golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve with syrup.
Our family enjoys pancakes and french toast with sour cream and syrup. If you've never tried this combination you have missed out on a nice taste treat.
All the girls from Mennonite Girls Can Cook wish our friends in the U.S.A. a very Happy Thanksgiving.