I had not made this recipe since my mother's birthday in 2013.
Recently we had friends over for lunch on a weekend, and I decided that this dish was an easy no fuss recipe for me to make the day before and store in the refrigerator so all I had to do is turn the oven on about 45 minutes before they were to arrive. I put on a pot of rice, cooked a side of Maple Glazed Carrots, the salad was ready in Fridge as was dessert. That left me the morning to relax and enjoy without feeling stressed. According to some of the comments in the original recipe by people that tried the recipe say it is a hit with their families. I hope you give it a try and you and your family enjoy it too.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cups half and half cream or milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, stir in flour to dissolve and cook a few minutes.
- Add both the cream, chicken broth and mustard.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour the sauce in a 9x13 pan.
Layer the following:
- 6 pieces of boneless skinless chicken pieces, browned on each side in a skillet with a little oil.
- 6 slices of thinly sliced ham
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 package of stuffing prepared according to the directions on the box (I used a little less water)
Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 oven.