- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or hard margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, also known as powdered or confectioners sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- whipped cream
- Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, and mix on low to medium speed until the ingredients come together scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally for about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the batter on the bottom of the pan and up the sides about 2 inches.
- Combine all the filling ingredients except the jam mix thoroughly until you have a smooth mixture.
- Spread over the cake base. Top with the apricot jam.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
- Cool the cake for about 30 minutes.
- Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice until you have a smooth glaze.
- Drizzle over baked coffee cake.
- Serve warm or room temperature topped with freshly whipped cream.