What's not to love about this biscotti? Crunchy and citrusy. If you want to make them any more special than they already are you could dip one end of each biscotti in melted chocolate. I dipped half in melted white chocolate and left the other half plain. They pair well with a cup of coffee or tea!
Package up a few for gifts to bless, or share with a friend coming for coffee.
Recipe adapted from Healthy Cooking.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Extra zest to sprinkle on top of the dipped biscotti if you are dipping them.
- In a medium sized bowl beat sugar and oil until blended.
- Beat in eggs, lime juice, vanilla, and coconut extract.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt, gradually add to sugar mixture. and mix well. Dough will be sticky.
- Stir in coconut and lime zest.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands shape each half into a 12" x 2" rectangle on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 20 - 25 minutes, until set.
- Allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board and cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4" slices.
- Place cut side down on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 6 minutes on each side until golden in color.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Once cool you can dip in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with a little lime zest or if you wish leave them plain.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2 dozen biscotti