This is such an easy dish and can be adapted easily to feed a crowd or just a few. I served this for my mothers birthday and invited my parents siblings so it fed a crowd. It starts with a sauce at the bottom of a 9x13 pan layered with boneless skinless chicken, ham, swiss cheese and prepared stuffing on top. How easy is that. This amount will serve 6.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cups half and half cream or milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, stir in flour to dissolve and cook a few minutes.
- Add both the cream, chicken broth and mustard.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour the sauce in a 9x13 pan.
Layer the following:
- 6 pieces of boneless skinless chicken pieces, browned on each side in a skillet with a little oil.
- 6 slices of thinly sliced ham
- 6 slices of swiss cheese
- 1 package of prepared stuffing
Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 oven.