This soup is quick and easy to make and fills that winter craving for those cabbage rolls you have not had in ages. Same flavors, healthy and delicious!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 8 cups chicken or beef broth ( I use better than bouillon +water)
- 8 cups chopped cabbage ( I use loose leaf - savoy)
- 3/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large bay leaf
- In large soup pot or dutch oven, brown meat. Drain any fat.
- Add chopped onion and pepper. Cook until soft. Season
- Add tomato soup, tomato paste and broth
- Add chopped cabbage, rice, worcesterdhire sauce and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 - 45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream. Serves 6 - 8
Note: If soup is too thick, add water or broth according to taste.