The humble potato brought to the next level.
- baking potatoes, I like to use russet
- olive oil, garlic salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp herb and garlic cream cheese, per potato
- 2 tsp butter, per potato
- 2 tbsp milk, per potato
- 1 tsp finely chopped chives or green onions, per potato
- 1 tbsp bacon bits, per potato, plus extra if you are a bacon lover to add to the topping with the cheese.
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese, per potato
- Wash potatoes and make a little slit through the skin of each one in 3-4 places.
- Rub outside of potatoes with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking dish and bake potatoes at 375º for 1 hour or until tender. The skins should turn nice and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Slice each potato open lengthwise.
- Scoop baked flesh of potatoes into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients except for the cheddar cheese.
- Mash mixture together and refill the potato skins. Top with cheddar...and the extra bacon if using.
- Place back in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
You can bake ahead of time and assemble. Baking time will be a little longer once stuffed as the filling will be completely cooled off.