My favorite banana muffin recipe is this one, It came about because I had a couple of too ripe bananas and hated to throw them out and I was suddenly hungry for banana muffins... Maybe you are too !
- 2 eggs
- 2 lg bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Julie's blend flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place eggs, banana , melted butter in mixer bowl and beat until perfectly smooth.
- Blend dry ingredients together and stir into liquids , stir in nuts
- Spoon into greased or paper cup lined muffin tins and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Crumb Oat Topping
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Julies' flour blend
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free oats
- With a pastry blender or a fork, work the above ingredients together to forms crumbs
These muffins rise beautifully, have a really nice texture and flavor. They keep well for a couple of days on counter or freeze well for future use. This recipe makes 6 super large muffins or 12 regular sized muffins.