Maybe it's your turn to take snacks to the office, you're planning appies for a dinner or have been asked to contribute food to a baby shower. These Zucchini toasts are quick and easy to prepare. You can use any type of tiny bread slices you like, prepare your topping ahead and quickly put them into the oven for 10 minutes just before serving.
- 24 slices snack rye or pumpernickel bread (2"x 2") OR French baguette
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 small zucchini)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey cheese ( I like Habanero Heat or a sprinkle or chili flakes added)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- Combine all topping ingredients.
- Spread by rounded teaspoon on each slice of bread.
- Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes, until bubbly or starting to just starting to brown.( I like to bake these on convection)