There's nothing more comforting on a cold winter night then to come home to a fresh hot bowl of cooked spagetti sauce dished over capelline noodles. I live opposite a green house and I am so fortunate that my neighbor lady supplies me with many fresh tomatoes all summer and I just throw them in a bag to freeze and make spaghetti sauce in the winter when I have more time.
For this weeks flashback Friday I paired it together with Capelline noodles (angel hair) and also added Char's fresh roasted beans.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 quart canned tomatoes undrained. ( I use fresh tomatoes, skin them, chop them and they are the best.)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 11/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Brown ground beef, seasoning slightly with salt and pepper. Drain.
- Place all ingredients except cheese in large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until sauce is thick - about 11/2 hours - 2 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese