This recipe was inspired by one I found in Good Housekeeping last year, called spice roasted carrots.
These go well with roast chicken or turkey.
- 2 lbs skinny carrots (I used organic, unpeeled for the above photo)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freeze dried oregano leaves
- 1 - 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios, finely chopped (optional)
- Spray roasting pan with oil. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Trim stems and end of carrots. Add to roaster with all the rest of the ingredients except the balsamic vinegar and nuts.
- Roast (with lid off) for about half hour. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and stir or shake pan.
- Roast for another 15 minutes or until carrots begin to show some charred tips.
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with nuts.
Tip: to easily clean roasting pan, sprinkle with baking soda, add an inch of water and put back in the oven at 300 F for 15 minutes or so.