A boxed cake mix never tasted so good. I've baked this cake in all sorts of pans. Rectangle, square, rounds, bundt pan and as cupcakes. Always consistently moist and delicious.
- 1 box devils food chocolate cake mix (461g)
- 1 4oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat together until well mixed. This mixture will be very thick.
- Grease a 9x13 or two round cake pans with butter and dust with cocoa powder or flour.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and place in oven pre heated to 350º.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan and frost and serve from pan, or remove cooled cake from pan and frost.
**In the above photo I turned the cake out of a 9x13 pan onto a large cake plate and split it. I filled it with another package of instant pudding made as directed on box. Then frosted it with Seven minute frosting.