Fall calls for apples and cranberries, don't you think?
Here's a simple grilled pork chop recipe to add to your Autumn menu.
We are just 2 at home now so if you want to make this for your family, double the ingredients.
I served it with purchased pumpkin filled ravioli tossed in browned butter and sage and
green beans and mushrooms.
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons butter
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I used an apple flavoured balsamic*)
- Mix mustard, garlic, salt and pepper together and rub mixture on both sides of pork chops.
- Let sit for about 1/2 hour.
- Grill or sear and bake until done.
- While pork is cooking, saute onions in oil until soft.
- In another pan, saute apples in butter until just tender.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add onions, cranberries and balsamic and cook a few minutes longer.
- Plate the pork chops and top each with apple mixture.
* I've recently purchased flavoured oils and balsamic vinegars. There are so many flavours to choose from and so many ways to use them. If you have one of these Oil and Vinegar shops in your area, go in and taste a few. They are terrific in salads, with meats and even desserts.