- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 11-ounce package of butterscotch flavored morsels
- Heat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together till creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well after each egg is added.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the morsels and oats.
- Drop by tablespoon or cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes to desired consistency (chewy or crisp).
- Cool on sheet for a couple minutes then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Makes approx. 4 dozen cookies.
These cookies were very rich in butterscotch flavor and the next time I bake them I will cut the butterscotch morsel amount to half.