My friend Vange brought this salad to a get together recently
and she graciously allowed me to share it on our MGCC blog.
It is fresh and light and so delicious.
It is best prepared just before serving*.
- 2 cups small fresh cooked shrimp - rinsed and patted dry
- 1 long English cucumber or 4 or 5 mini English Cucumbers
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes and removed from peel
- 3 - 4 lemons
- a generous handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Place shrimp into serving bowl.
- Cut cucumbers into quarters lengthwise and then slice and add to bowl.
- Grate zest from one lemon and place in a 4 cup measuring cup or bowl.
- Squeeze lemons and add juice to bowl.
- Add chopped dill to juice.
- Gently toss avocado in lemon juice.
- Pour avocado/lemon mixture over cucumbers and shrimp.
- Add salt and pepper and toss gently so as not to turn the avocados to mush!
- Serve immediately.
* Vange had the lemon dill mixture prepared a day ahead of time and assembled the salad just before serving.