Peach season is here. So why not make peach rolls? I made these rolls using canned peaches but fresh peaches would work too.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Heat milk until very warm. Add in butter, sugar, and salt, stir until butter is melted.
- Whisk in beaten egg.
- Stir in 1 cup flour and yeast. Add in the rest of the flour one cup at a time until dough comes together. It will still be a bit sticky. I use a little oil in my hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Let rise until double in bulk.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle about 1/4" thick.
- Spread filling over the dough.
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups canned peaches, diced (save some of the syrup to use in glaze)
- Spread jam over dough, sprinkle cinnamon on top, and cover with diced peaches.
- Roll up dough as you would cinnamon buns. Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 16 rolls.
- Place rolls in two greased 9x13" pans. Cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Bake in 375º oven for 25 minutes or until golden in color.
- While still warm drizzle with glaze.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons peach syrup (saved from the canned peaches) You can substitute milk if using fresh peaches in this recipe.
- Mix icing sugar, cinnamon, and peach syrup until well combined.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.
- Yields: 16 rolls