I first posted this recipe for Mexican Stuffed Peppers in 2008 and was reminded again about the recipe as I always am each summer when our pepper plants are heavy with fruit. You can use any kind of sweet pepper.
- 10 - 12 Sweet Peppers
- Cut the tops off the peppers or slice them in half through the stem, remove the seeds. Arrange them in a deep baking dish.
1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup black beans (canned, drained and rinsed or dried beans cooked)
Mix together all the filling ingredients and fill peppers.
- 1 10 ounce / 284 ml can of tomato soup
- 1 10 ounce / 284 ml can of mushroom soup
- 1 10 ounce / 284 gram can filled with salsa
- 2 cups grated cheddar or mexican blend cheese