This cake is delicious, it's a good snack anytime. It would be great for breakfast too.
We bought dates when we were in Palm Springs and I made sure I had extra for the freezer for future use.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped finely
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed, mixture will be crumbly.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, and beat until creamy and well combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, and gradually add into creamed mixture until combined.
- Fold in dates and pecans.
- Spread batter into a greased pan, approx 10 x 15".
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve as is or dust with icing sugar.
- Freezes well.