Ingredients ~ serving for 8 people
- 3 pounds smoked farmer sausage (1 1/2 rings)
- a medley of garden vegetables: potatoes, carrots, beans, onions, and garlic
- 8 medium potatoes,
- 8 carrots,
- 4 cups beans
- 2 large onions
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper.
- sprigs of summer savory
- 8 aluminum foil plates/tin foil
Single serving: 1 medium potato, 1 carrot, 1/2 cup beans, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 clove chopped garlic and a 3"piece of sausage, 1 aluminum plate
- Cut up vegetables into bite size pieces approximately 1 inch.
- Pre-boil potatoes for about 5 minutes to start the cooking process.
- Cut up the farmer sausage into bite size pieces.
- Drain potatoes
- Combine all vegetables, sausage, and potatoes in one large bowl.
- Add olive oil to mixture and season to taste.
- Prepare your aluminum plates and grease generously with olive oil. Also grease the tin foil used for the cover.
- Dish out vegetables mixture into foil plates. ( used 2 cups for child size portion and added 3 cups mixture for adult portions.)
- Sprinkle onions, garlic and sprig of summer savory on top of each tin foil dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Grill at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or wait till briquettes are hot and then spread out the coals and place tin plates over heated BBQ. Remember the meat and potatoes have been cooked so it really needs to let the other vegetables juices cook and become nice and hot.