I'm trying my best to use the bumper crop of last years Jalapenos up.
This easy soup makes a great starter soup with a mexican meal.
- 4 large Jalapeno Peppers, halved and seeded (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 large diced onion
- 1/2 bulb garlic (slice off the top of the bulb to expose the tops of the cloves and leave skin on)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 litre chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place peppers, potatoes, onions, garlic with seasonings in a roasting pan and place in a 400 F oven until the potatoes are tender and onions begin to brown.
- Squeeze soft garlic out of the skins and discard skins.
- Place roasted vegetables in blender jar and add chicken broth or equivalent bouillon paste with water.
- Process until smooth. Pour into a pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sour cream and salad style crispy tortilla strips.